Erin Eagles graduated with a Bachelor of Laws with First Class Honours and a Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Journalism) from the University of Technology, Sydney in 2010. Erin commenced her legal career with James Tuite & Associates as a paralegal in 2009 and is now a Senior Associate and an integral member of the team.
Erin’s work at James Tuite & Associates has enabled her to develop an appreciation of the various issues facing her clients. Her experience in insurance, corporate, commercial and intellectual property matters has led to an in-depth understanding of her clients, their businesses and their needs. As a result, Erin is responsive and accessible in order to alleviate the concerns of her clients. She aims to provide advice in plain English which contains cost protective strategies and recommendations with minimal risk.
Erin has been involved in a range of insurance matters across a diverse variety of industries and has comprehensive experience in:
- Construction – Personal injury claims in the District and Supreme Court of NSW involving employees and labour hire workers on construction sites; defence of claims pursued under Personal Injuries Proceedings Act in QLD; defence of recovery claims under the Workers Compensation Act NSW; defence of worker claims and VWA recovery proceedings in the County Court and Supreme Courts in VIC.
- Chemicals – Fire claims involving hazardous chemicals and pollution; defending personal injury proceedings as a result of contaminated water and food sources.
- Marine – Indemnity and recovery advice with respect to missing marine shipments and goods.
- Sporting – Defending personal injury claims against gyms; indemnity advice on double insurance involving gyms and personal trainers.
- Crisis Management Solutions – Advice with respect to food business which local media alleged was the source of a salmonella outbreak.
- Transport & Distribution – Recovering and defending claims arising from products damaged during transit.
Erin has also had experience in the following areas:
- Litigation – acting and advising clients with respect to enforcements proceedings; attendance in Hearings in the Federal Circuit Court of Australia for bankruptcy.
- Business and Commercial – assisting partners in complex commercial matter involving family companies with net assets in excess of $50 million; acting and advising on complex matter involving family trust and companies with net assets in excess of $20 million; advising and appearing on behalf of company and individual director in the Federal Circuit Court and Supreme Court of New South Wales with respect to unilateral actions taken by bankrupted director; drafting shareholder agreements and company constitutions; drafting commercial supply contracts including publishing, consultancy, and licence agreements.
- Trade Marks and Intellectual Property – applications before IP Australia with respect to trade mark disputes over possible infringement of energy trade marks; acting and advising on trade mark opposition hearings and negotiations with other parties with regard to co-existence agreements.
- Property – conducting conveyances for the sale and purchase of residential properties, strata properties and commercial properties worth up to $8 million in property value; advising on off-the-plan purchases; advising on leasing disputes; drafting lease documentation including leases in the Port Botany precinct.
- Employment – advising on termination of employment; advising on restraint of trade clauses; appearing before the Fair Work Commission.